This module is for new faculty, or any faculty, to find out information about the foundational requirements for getting started in teaching in the classroom at Seneca. To find out further information about other topics, and to find a great trove of resources, click on the Teaching & Learning Centre.
By the end of this module participants will be able to:
- Locate course outline to identify course assessment plan and course topics
- Locate course addendum or weekly schedule
- List the reasons for assessment and some methods used to assess students
- List different methods of engagement to promote student discussion and active learning
- Complete a Seneca lesson plan template to plan a lesson that includes assessment, active learning, and engagement activities.
To get started, click on the first tab for 1. Course outline, or click on any of the red highlighted words, to go directly to the page you’re interested in.