Getting Started with My.Seneca
The use of My.Seneca is a requirement for all of the courses at the college, as explained in the My.Seneca Minimum Requirements policy.
At a minimum this involves:
- Posting the approved course outline and accessible versions of the addendum and/or proposed schedule, and weighted evaluation breakdown;
- Setting up the Grade Centre to reflect the weighted evaluation breakdown and making grades available to students;
- Posting faculty contact information, including preferred method of communication;
- Making each course section available to students in My.Seneca;
- Using the announcement tool to post a welcome announcement for students and on-going course updates;
- Reviewing the My.Seneca course, its content, and the expectations for student-use with your students.
Use this simple checklist to make sure you have met the minimum requirements when setting up your course(s).
Here are the links to help you get started with My.Seneca:
2.Take a look at the information on how to use and set-up the Grade Centre.
3. Post your course outline and addendum using these steps to create content in a course area.
To add your course outline to My.Seneca, you first need to locate your course outline. Go to www.senecac.on.ca/ssos and enter your course code or title at the top, then select your school. Once you have your Course Outline, copy the URL and go back to Blackboard. Under course information, follow these steps to add an external link.
4. Post your contact information.
Click on “Faculty Information” in the course menu. Click “Create Contact” and add your contact information so that the students know how to reach you.
6. Create an announcement in your course to welcome your students.
7. On the first day of the course, walk through the course in My.Seneca with your students. Review its contents and how you expect students to use it.
Need help? Contact the service desk at firstname.lastname@example.org OR at 416-491-5050 ext. 22129.
Check out the following self-paced online modules:
Links from Blackboard:
- The Blackboard help site
- The Blackboard playlist for instructors
- Quick Videos from Blackboard
- How to Send Email in Blackboard – video
Links for My.Seneca:
- Seneca’s Help Site
- How To Customize your My.Seneca Course Menu
- How to Make SafeAssign Available in your My.Seneca Course
- How to Create Computer-Marked Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer, True False Quiz in Blackboard
- How to Set Up Weighted Grades
- How to Create a Digital Badge in your My.Seneca Course
- How to Add an RSS Feed in your My.Seneca Course
- Creating Online Tests for My.Seneca
- What is VoiceThread?
- VoiceThread Student help site
- Faculty Help for VoiceThread in Blackboard
- Faculty Help for VoiceThread – Create
Additional links that may be helpful: